Wednesday, October 24, 2007

About Kriket

This is a journal mostly about my adventures in Second Life. I should have started it earlier though; I've had soooo many awesome moments. I really believe that Second Life has had a hand in shaping me a bit in my growth in the year I have been playing. I've met many different types of people and though I don't talk to them all now, they have all touched me in some way that I couldn't possibly forget. Anyway, enough with the mushy stuff.

Let's hear about "Kriket Pimpernel."
Though Kriket is my avatar, sometimes I think that maybe when I'm offline, she has a life of her own out there. Probably not but leave my imagination alone :P. Her appearance is always changing but there are a few things that always stay somewhat the same. She has a blue and a green eye (heterochromia) and white hair (though not always in the same length or style XD). Also, she is somewhat anthro and of the canine variety, having white ears and tail. Although sometimes I feel like being an elf or faun because change is good. Her style of dress varies from elegant gothic lolita to street punk.

Here's a picture to give you an idea of how cute she is. Also one of the few times in black hair. :P

Now, what exactly do I do in Second Life? The very first thing I did was explore. SL is huge! There's tons of new stuff being added everyday and I want to see it all. Usually I just pick a word of interest and enter it into search, then run around to places that look interesting. Then I learned how to build and so I do that too. I like to build all kinds of different things though because I don't think my attention span could handle focusing on one type of build. I also have a job! I work for my best SL friend, Siyu Suen. She owns a shop called Illusions (click her name for her blog about her shop or click the shop's name to be teleported directly!). She's got mad skills in building, especially with sculpted prims. Anyway, I work as a greeter and helper at her shop. Either that or I encourage her and give her critique to help her builds be the best that they can be!

I've done alot of things in SL, played many roles and such. I don't roleplay much now though because most of the RP sims are the same thing, dark and grungy cities with fighting and sex. I need something deeper and more involved to keep my interest.

Well then, how about a little of the real life me? The person behind Kriket?
I do not lead an exciting life. I'm 19 years old, I graduated a year late from high school because in my freshman year my parents decided that they didn't want to be around each other anymore. I'm very shy and don't usually talk to people. I don't do it to be rude or anything like that, I just believe that one doesn't really need to open their mouth unless they have something worth saying. I live with my boyfriend and have been together with him for 3 years now and he is one of my best friends.
I am an artist, any type of art you put in front of me, I will spit out a finished piece and it will probably be pretty good. Not trying to sound cocky about it but I am told I should learn to accept compliments XD. I am extremely encouraging about another building their own artistic skill however and will gladly teach people any techniques or secrets I know in order to reach a more beautiful tomorrow.
Em, I've rambled enough for this post. I shall return for another later!

No comments: